Sunday, January 20, 2013

iPhone corrupts mbox file of uwimap

Using a debian mailserver (postfix and uwimap) with the iPhone
corrupt the mbox file of the user.
The first bytes of the file are overwritten and sometimes
deleted mails appears again.

The problem is the imap implementation of apple (iPhone, MacOS >=10.5) and a bug in the uwimapd. It searchs for the mlock in the wrong directory.

I try to fix the problem this way:
chmod -R 01777 /var/mail/
cp /usr/bin/mlock /usr/sbin/

The damaged file i open with a textedtior like joe
and fixed the overwritten mail header. After this i export
it with achmbox into a new file.
The old mbox i replace with the new file.

Please no comments to the security of the chmod !

No comments:

Post a Comment